Recent data indicates many businesses are confused about the cloud and its benefits, but why? Here’s a closer look at three common cloud misconceptions, and how managed service providers can help customers fully leverage cloud solutions.
A May 2015 survey of 300 IT managers completed by West IP Communications showed that many businesses are divided on the inherent benefits and risks associated with the cloud.
The survey results included:
- While many IT managers realize the benefits of the cloud, they also fear a security breach could come back to haunt them.
- 55 percent of respondents said they do not believe communication services providers offer sufficient security checks alongside their cloud telecommunications offerings.
- 46 percent said they do not believe the return on investment (ROI) would be enough to justify a change to a cloud-based infrastructure.
Managed service providers (MSPs) that offer cloud solutions can clear up common cloud misconceptions for businesses. But how?
Here’s a closer look at three common cloud misconceptions, and how MSPs can clear them up for customers:
- Cloud computing requires an entirely new infrastructure or replacing an existing infrastructure. MSPmentor 501 honoree Logicalis pointed out hybrid cloud solutions offer the perfect mix of private and public offerings because they enable users to “provision compute resources in the public cloud with a single click—and then seamlessly move data over from [a] private cloud while still retaining control.”
- Cloud computing requires businesses to give up control of their sensitive data. Cloud security is a major concern for many businesses, but a transparent MSP can highlight how it protects customer data that is stored in the cloud and ensures this information is available to customers any time they need it.
- All cloud partners are identical. Unfortunately, not all cloud partners are created equal. But an MSP that works with a business to understand its cloud needs can find the right solutions to fulfill this company’s requests.
At Wendego we are prepared to respond to customers’ cloud concerns, and ultimately, ensure our customers get the cloud support they need.
Please feel free to reach out to us for any questions.
Special thanks to MSPmentor.|